Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crew return trip

Note to crew - I am exploring alternative points of landfall, more on this later.

This is a copy of a note I sent to a group called island hoppers - no response, I think they are out of business.

I am sailing my boat to the Caribbean next year for the first time, and
I need to choose where to make landfall. The original plan called for
arrival in either the USVI, or BVIs, since their return will be easily
arranged from those locations, but for a variety of reasons, it would be
more convenient for those who remain onboard if we made landfall on any
of these islands:

Antigua,
St Kitts,
Sint Maartin
Anguilla
Monserrat
And even possibly Guadeloupe, Dominica or Martinique

I will have a crew of 4 that I have to get back to the North Carolina.
What would be a cost-effective means of getting them home? Scheduled
flights to North Carolina? Scheduled or charter flights to a major
island airport? Charter?, Island Ferry to major airport?

I will also have people coming and going as I travel the islands, and I
need someone who knows the ropes...might that be you?

No comments: